Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Beauty = Easy-to-Comprehend Faces?
Topic Started: Oct 6 2006, 11:57:33 PM (620 Views)
ren
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/06...eness_mind.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jhangora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I think beauty is more about symmetry.Ofcourse symmterical may appear beautiful bcoz it's easy on the eyes/mind.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Best Lenses Squidoo

Jhangora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Beauty lies in the symmetry of face

11 Oct 2007, 0021 hrs IST,PTI

LONDON: If you think big assets or round buttocks is what make women sexy, you are wrong. Size has nothing to do with beauty but symmetry does.

According to a study by researchers, a symmetrical face is indeed a turn on while a beauty spot, wonky nose or a lopsided grin are just a turnoff, the Daily Telegraph reported.

"Symmetry has been shown to be important in mate-choice in many. While there may be cultural variation in preferences for other traits, we show that symmetry in faces is attractive across two very different cultures," lead researcher Dr Anthony Little was quoted as saying.

In fact, the researchers came to the conclusion after conducting a study on over 100 people in Britain and the Hadza of Tanzania the last hunter gatherer culture and found that "symmetry transcends racial and national boundaries". According to the findings, a lopsided face is less attractive to both Hadza and Britons, "so that the age-old idea that beauty is in the eye of the beholder is a romantic myth.

Posted Image

One thing that struck me when I visited Taj Mahal for the fist time is that it looks very small from a distance and quite huge when you come near it.I think this is bcoz of the perfect symmetry.
Best Lenses Squidoo

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Social Anthropology · Next Topic »
Add Reply